So you’ve done all the hard work … you’ve chosen your new gorgeous spectacle frame and decided on the best lenses for your prescription. They’ve been fitted and adjusted with care by your friendly opticians! But like most products you can only keep them in the best condition if you take good care of them.
We’ve put together 10 top tips to maintain the best vision and fit from your glasses.
1) Always use both hands to put your glasses on and to take them off.
2) Keep your glasses in the hard case provided when not wearing them. This will reduce the possibility of scratching your lenses and protect against breakage.
3) Never put your glasses lens down on any surface, or bring them into contact with sharp or abrasive objects.
4) Avoid intense heat. Keep your glasses away from heat sources and don’t leave them in a car when its hot outside. It can permanently warp your frame.
5) Be careful with hairsprays and perfume! Substances such as glue, acetone and domestic cleaning products can damage your frame and lenses.
6) Before cleaning your glasses you can remove any hard dust particles from the lens surface by rinsing them with lukewarm water.
7) Dry your lenses with a clean soft cloth. For day to day cleaning use a microfibre cloth, as provided with your case.
8 ) Don’t use paper towels or tissues to clean your lenses. These often contain wood particles that can damage the surface of your lenses.
9) To keep your glasses clean when your out and about, it is handy to have a lens cleaning spray. Our cleaning products are formulated to effectively clean all lens types without streaking.
10) At Lichfield Street Opticians we provide the best aftercare service for your spectacles … FREE lifetime fitting and adjustment service! If at any time your glasses need adjusting, refitting or cleaning we will provide this service free of charge as part of our customer care to you.
For more information about Lichfield Street Opticians including our lenses, frame brands and up to date information about your eyecare follow the link http://www.wolverhamptonopticians.co.uk/index.html
Many thanks to Hoya and Essilor
Enjoy wearing your specs!